Global Design Project # 119 Home For The Holidays

| on
9:03 PM

                    Hi Bloggers, today I'm sharing the card with you that I have made for the
                                             Global Design Project -




The spirit of holidays brings hope & exciting new beginnings! As we step into a New Year I wish you all a super -duper fun filled year loaded with happiness, success & prosperity.

I'm excited to be able share my card with you as the 3D Eclipse card is the hottest technique right now and for good reason - They are super easy and might I add "Addictive too!

Any die cuts will do for this technique but I have found the Large Letters and Numbers Framelits are ideal. I have seen this technique done lots of different ways and I have wanted to give it ago for a while now. You can create your own background by stamping a image or keep it simple by using any of the lovely Designer Series Paper from Stampin'Up!



How Too:
  • I started with a Piece of the Year of Cheer Speciality DSP as it was perfect for this little number. As I mentioned before you can create your own background if you wish.
  • Line up your letters to create your word - or in the case of my card (the Numbers) and run them through the Big shot. Remember to keep the centre bits from the zero and the number 8. You'll see why later. 
  • I also used a piece of Silver Foil and ran the numbers through again and Whisper White x 3.  The Whisper White was used to created depth to the numbers by gluing the 3 layers together.
  • Using the same coloured colour base (Bermuda Bay) and a sponge daub add hints of colour to the DSP.
  • Apply foam adhesive strips to the back of the Silver foil numbers and stick back to the card front.  Now glue down the centre piece for the zero and the number 8 to give continuity to the numbers.
  • I used a piece of the new Whisper White 1/4" (6.4mm) Organza Ribbon which can be found in the up coming 2018 Occasions Catalogue on page 23 "Love it" and ran my dauber inked in Bermuda Bay across it to colour it the same as the base cardstock. 
  • Embellish and you're done!
  • Year of Cheer Speciality Paper is perfect for this fun technique  not only because it is super lovely but it's thick which is perfect for this technique.



your photo name
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment