Inkspired Blog hop #76 - Southern Serenade

| on
8:00 PM

Hello and welcome to another Inkspired Blog-Hop! I'm so happy you joined us!
Be sure to visit all stops to see what the other team members have created to share with you. You may have arrived here from the very talent Teneale Williams (who again has created an awesome sketch for us all to play along too) and I'm sure she has inspired all with her super amazing card.



This Week's Sketch... 


For my card this week I have chosen the Southern Serenade stamp set which is available in the Occasions Catalogue and honestly have to say I totally skipped over this set at first. There really is so many fantastic sets in this catalogue that I didn't put it on the top of my already long list of must have's. Last week I was asked for a bundle of cards which included Mother's Day, Birthday's, Get well and Sympathy etc but this time I was asked to include some sayings. On looking closer at this beautiful set I just loved the sayings (and Font) included in this set and the added touches of lace.... 

Picture of what's included in the set. 
I must say I took my inspiration from a card that Teneale had created early this year using the Beautiful Lavender Set from the Sale-A-Bration booklet which is almost over for another year, so hurry and place your order of $ 90 Australian dollars to earn free a free stamp set.


My card Creation

I love how this card came together. Ok I didn't get the machine out and sew the ribbon but think it look pretty just the same. I started with a piece of Sweet Sugarplum and added a strip of the Petal Garden DSP which I sanded the edges to get a softer effect. 
Another little trick I learnt from Ms Teneale some time back... 
Two of my favourite colours combo's are Crumb Cake and Vanilla because you can add almost any other colour to them to create a softness. I stamped the flowers and sentiment in memento ink and added colour using the light and dark Pink Pirouette Blenders and the light and dark Old Olive. I also added a touch of gold foil for the scallops and used the Very Vanilla Lace Trim to create the look of stitching. Then I added a little piece of Linen Thread to finish the card off. Next Up is the lovely Allison and I can't wait to see what she has installed for us this week.








your photo name
1 comment on "Inkspired Blog hop #76 - Southern Serenade"